1. Private Information
2. Use Of Private Information
- Protect against, identify, and remediate fraud and errors;
- Perform services requested by a BAER Client;
- Record and analyze services received by a BAER Client;
- Bill, collect and otherwise account for all amounts payable by a BAER Client;
- Offer additional services on our behalf or on behalf of third parties that may be of interest to a BAER Client;
- Personalize a BAER Client’s use of our services;
- Communicate with a BAER Client to ensure BAER Client satisfaction or otherwise for any legitimate business purpose;
- Improve services offered to our BAER Clients;
- Performing our obligations under contracts or otherwise;
- Respond to any situation in which the safety, property or rights of a BAER Client or third party may be at risk;
- Comply with all applicable laws; and
- Any other legitimate business purpose that is communicated to a BAER Client after its, his or her Private Information is received by us.
We may also disclose Private Information to our affiliates, agents, employees, and suppliers, plus third parties deemed appropriate by us, for the purposes set forth in this Section or as otherwise permitted by law. If we, or all or substantially all of our assets, are being acquired by a third party, a BAER Client’s Private Information may be transferred to such third party prior to and after such acquisition.
Private Information will be stored at our office located at 252 7th Avenue, #7N, New York, New York, 10001 and/or on servers used by us and located in the City of New York or elsewhere.
We use security safeguards designed to protect against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification of Private Information. The nature of such safeguards depends on the sensitivity, format, location and storage of Private Information, and may include, among other things, the use of locked cabinets, computer passwords, software firewalls, encryption software, restricted access and contractual obligations of confidentiality from third parties to whom Private Information is disclosed. Since no transmission of information over the Internet or storage of electronic information is completely secure, it remains possible that a BAER Client’s Private Information could be compromised, even though such safeguards are used by us.
A BAER Client may from time to time send an e-mail message to us in connection with such BAER Client’s use of our services. Upon our receiving such a message, the e-mail address, as well as the contents of such message, will be used and stored by us to respond to such BAER Client, to improve our services and for other legitimate business purposes.
Upon the written request of a BAER Client, we will (a) provide such BAER Client with access to his or her Private Information, and (b) correct any inaccuracies in such BAER Client’s Private Information that are identified to us in writing by such BAER Client. All such inaccuracies should be sent to us at Butter and Egg Road USA Inc., 252 7th Avenue, #7N, New York, New York, 10001, Attention: Chief Compliance Officer, or by e-mail at email@example.com. A request for access to Private Information may be refused by us for any one of the following reasons:
- If the information is protected by legal privilege;
- If the information is confidential information of a third party;
- If granting access would reasonably be expected to threaten the safety, security or property of a third party;
- If the information was collected for purposes relating to the detection, remediation or prevention of fraud;
- If the information was generated in the course of a formal dispute resolution process;
- If the information would likely reveal Private Information of another BAER Client;
- If providing the information is no longer in our possession or under our control or providing the information is overly burdensome to us or a third party;
- If the request is vexatious or frivolous; or
- To protect our rights and property.
If the request of a BAER Client for his or her Private Information is denied, such BAER Client will be informed in writing of the reasons for such denial.
Access to BAER Client’s Private Information will be at no cost to such BAER Client. Nominal charges may apply, however, for the reproduction or transmission of Private Information in response to a BAER Client’s request for access to Private Information.
10. Applicable Law
11. Additional Information
Dated: February 18, 2014